Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Valley of Blessings

Pastor Jack finished of his series on 2 Chronicles 20 today. He talked about the Valley of Blessings that the people of Judah found and how because Jehoshaphat praised God, sought God, and Obeyed God, his land was left in peace because the surrounding countries feared God who gave Judah the victory.


He again emphasized putting our trust in God.


This is something I really have difficulty with. Once something has happened to shake your trust, it's hard to trust anyone again, particularly God. When God allows horrible things to happen to his people, how is it possible to trust him?  I think the answer lies in what we trust him to do. It seems to me that God is not as concerned with how life is for us in the here and now as eternity.


But how can I trust God for eternity when the here and now is so painful? The truth of the matter is I don't trust him anymore. I don't find him to be trustworthy. The pain far outweighs the blessings in my eyes and God has proven that given a situation where I need him and can't do it on my own, he'll let me down.


I want to know how God can claim to be a God of love with all that he allows. I see the poverty in this area around me, and I wonder how God can allow life to be like this. I meet the many incredible women who have lost little ones and I wonder how God can allow their lives to be shattered. Is this, then, the love of God for us? Seems like we'd be better off without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment